Bishop Geoffrey V. Dudley, Sr.
On August 3, 2000, Bishop Geoffrey V. Dudley, Sr., DMin. was assigned to Scott AFB, Illinois as an Air Force chaplain. He accepted the assignment under duress and great contention since his plans were to remain in Virginia where he had started a church (Progressive Life in Christ Church) and to complete his military career and retire. Subsequently he left his family in Virginia to return as soon as his tour of duty was completed at Scott. God said otherwise. He was promoted to Lt Col and his chapel service grew exponentially. Even though his career continued to blossom, a small group of believers approached him about staying and planting a church. After much prayer and consultations with his spiritual and military mentors he agreed it was the will of God to relocate and change life’s direction for him and his family.
In January 2001, Bishop Dudley shared a vision of beginning a wholistic ministry to meet the spiritual needs of the O’Fallon area and its surrounding communities with those who God had brought together for such a time as this. Shortly thereafter, he began teaching Bible Study classes in the home of Herman and Deborah Williams of O’Fallon, Illinois. This group of believers became known as the Core Group.
In September 2001, they began planning and sowing finances to support the establishment of the ministry. The same year, God gave Bishop Geoffrey V. Dudley, Sr., DMin. the name of the church, New Life In Christ Interdenominational Church. In January 2002, the founding Core Group had established a Business Planning Committee to begin laying the foundation for the vision. In August 2002, Bishop Dudley and the Core Group leased several office spaces at 1400 South Lincoln Avenue, O’Fallon, Illinois to serve as an office and teaching/learning facility. With the help of the Lord, in November 2002 NLC purchased 11.5 acres of land (West of Troy-Scott Road O’Fallon, Illinois) for $446,000.00 to serve as the future home of NLC. Bishop Dudley opened the Bible Studies to the public in January 2003. By April 6, 2003, approximately 225 LifeChangers were aligned with the vision of NLC.
On April 20, 2003 (Resurrection Sunday), NLC held it first worship service at the Four Points Sheraton Hotel in Fairview Heights, Illinois. Over 812 individuals were there to witness the beginning of God’s work.
By January 2004, there were over 1000 LifeChangers (adults and children). Good Friday, April 9, 2004 NLC celebrated a Groundbreaking Ceremony to build the church. As of 2005, there were 1500 LifeChangers and the church was preparing to march-in to the new church building. June 25, 2005 was the first worship in New Life in Christ Church at its new home on 689 Scott-Troy Road which is a $4.3 Million Facility (30,000 square feet with a 450-seat sanctuary, gym, Christian Education classrooms, administrative offices and child care center).
Senior Pastor Dudley was consecrated as a Bishop in the Lord’s church in October 2009. New Life endeavors to change lives in the World through powerful worship three times a week: two services every Sunday and Mid-Week service (LifeChanging at Another Level) Wednesdays.
As of today there are over 2500 LifeChangers. The church continues construction of Charles & Deanne Rayford CDC (TeenCity) as well as expansion of the sanctuary. New Life continues to grow the kingdom through winning souls for Christ; mentoring young people; ministering to young families; becoming more diverse and 50% male. LifeChangers at NLC are committed to laying the foundation for the New Life Community Campus in order to meet its obligation to this generation and generations to come. What a Mighty God we Serve!